Creating an MQTT Source
An MQTT source uses a central broker with messages organized by topics. Listener can subscribe to one or more topics on a broker, and write messages to the firehose. From the firehose, Listener routes streams to the designated target.
If you are using LDAP, you must have at least one owner for each source. The user who creates a source is the default owner who can add and delete other owners. All owners can edit the source, edit associated targets, and delete associated targets.
- Click , then Manage Sources.
- Click .
- Select MQTT and enter the source information.
- [Optional] To secure the MQTT subscription, upload a certificate and private key.
- [Optional] If you are using LDAP and want to add source owners, do the following:
- Click Owner(s), then select the username.
- [Optional] Repeat the previous step to add more owners.
- Click SAVE.