Creating a REST Source
A REST source uses the Ingest API to send messages. When you save the source information, Listener displays the Source Secret Key (API key) in the Data Source Dashboard. Add the API key to the code used to make HTTP requests. Listener then begins ingesting data. See Code Samples.
If you are using LDAP, you must have at least one owner for each source. The user who creates a source is the default owner who can add and delete other owners. All owners can edit the source, edit associated targets, and delete associated targets.
- Click , then Manage Sources.
- Click .
- Select REST and enter the source information.
- [Optional] If you are using LDAP and want to add source owners, do the following:
- Click Owner(s), then select the username.
- [Optional] Repeat the previous step to add more owners.
- Click SAVE.